Are you a resident of the Lithgow LGA? Enter the Lithgow region’s Waste2Art Competition now!
Local students, artists, and creative groups are invited to take up the challenge to turn waste into art.
Waste2Art is an art competition and exhibition open to local residents of all ages. It showcases and celebrates creative works made from reused and recyclable waste materials, and aims to challenge people’s perception of waste.
The annual waste theme for 2018 is Polystyrene however artworks can be made from any reused or recyclable materials. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each category.
- Entry forms are to be submitted no later than 12 April, 5pm.
- Artwork entries to be delivered to Eskbank House Museum, Lithgow on Thursday 10 or Friday 11 May between 12pm and 4pm.
- Exhibition dates are Saturday 19 May until 10 June 2018, Eskbank House Museum.
- Official Opening and Awards Presentation: Saturday 19 May, 2pm. Winners in each of the categories will be announced and light refreshments will be served.
- Winning artworks from each category will be transported to Narromine for the Regional Competition on exhibition from June 23 – July 21 2018, with the opening and announcement of Regional winners on June 23 2018.
ENTRY FORMS with full terms and conditions are available from the following locations in central Lithgow
Eskbank House Museum
Lithgow City Council Customer Service
Lithgow Library Learning Centre